Wanted: Office Administrator
The Soo Pee Wee Hockey League is looking to fill the office administrator role. If you are interested in working with a community driven organization then click to read the rest of the article for the full job description and details on how to apply!
The objective of the Soo Pee Wee Hockey League is to promote, govern, encourage and teach minor hockey for age groups, U5 Hockey through U13 level, in the territory under the jurisdiction of the Corporation. We are committed to fostering among our members, supporters and teams, a general community spirit, and to encourage sportsmanship amongst all participants. We are committed to maintaining and increasing the interest in the game of hockey, by developing, organizing, and managing team competition within our limitations and financial resources.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
· Report directly to the President.
· Act as a secretary, keeping a record of all proceedings of any meetings of the Corporation.
· File all records, reports and communications connected with the business of the Corporation, and those related to the NOHA and the overall Corporate financial dealings.
· Take and prepare minutes of all Executive and General Meetings.
· Receive and file all team financial reports from team managers prior to the AGM.
· Receive all moneys due to the Corporation, pay all bills contracted by the Corporation, and keep a correct account of same.
· Provide to the Executive an accurate financial statement, once a month at an Executive meeting with the assistance of the Treasurer.
· Be responsible for the Master Ice Time Schedule (including Ken Closs Jamboree and Playoffs), and shall oversee the League and referee schedules.
· Manage the extra ice that is deemed for rental, including booking, collecting, and returning any unusable ice time.
· Responsible for the registration of all players and coaching staff in the Corporation, with the assistance of the Director of Technical Services.
· Administer the payroll of all corporate ‘employees’, (including honorariums) for time keepers, referees or specialty instructors hired by the league (e.g.: goalie or skating instructors, etc.).
· Prepare and maintain a list of current Active, Associate, Participating and Life Members. Such list of Members which shall be used to determine eligibility to vote at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Membership. This list shall be kept at the Administration office and updated as necessary and maintained in a manner that ensures the privacy and confidentiality of the Corporation Membership. Only the Administrator and the Executive shall have access to the list.
· Other duties as required by the board
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge:
· 2 or more years of Office Administrative experience in a professional setting is preferred.
· Knowledge of the game of hockey or some hockey experience considered an asset.
· Proven ability to be adaptable and quick thinking while working independently.
· Thrives working under pressure and able to meet deadlines, even when conflicting priorities arise.
· Exceptional communication, time management, organization and prioritization skills.
· Experience handling confidential and sensitive information with a professional demeanour.
· Strong client service skills with the ability to exceed client expectations.
· Proficiency with the Microsoft Office.
· Computer savvy; ability to use computers and learn HCR software and Sage accounting.
· Completion of a university degree is considered an asset.
Job Type: Full-time temporary 6 month contract; could lead to full time permanent.
How to Apply
Please apply by submitting an electronic copy of your up to date resume and cover letter to [email protected] by July 31, 2021, quoting the job title. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email or by telephone.